Requesting This Course:
- This course is being offered at the following upcoming Regional Training. Click on the city name for further information and registration. Pittsburgh, PA
- For information on the Online Course version of this course, please click here for more information.
- For information on requesting this course for your organization through our Speakers Bureau program, please contact Terri Pazornick at email@example.com.
- To check if this course is being offered by an Approved Instructor, search our Event Calendar.
The ability to recognize and effectively intervene with suicidal individuals is one of the most challenging aspects of crisis intervention. This course is recommended for those without formal mental health training. The course is designed to increase awareness of suicide, and equip participants with information and basic skills to respond to a person considering suicide. Discussions, demonstrations, and scenarios will be used to facilitate learning. This is an introductory level course.
- Overview of suicide
- Crisis intervention and suicide prevention
- Preventative and Protective Factors
- Risk and Recognition
- Strategies for Responding to those considering suicide
- Referral Skills and Resources
Completion of “Suicide Awareness: An Introduction for Crisis Responders” and receipt of a certificate indicating full attendance (7 Contact Hours) qualifies as a class in ICISF’s Certificate of Specialized Training Program.
Continuing Education Information
One-Day Course: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.