Requesting This Course:
- This course is being offered at the following upcoming Regional Training. Click on the city name for further information and registration. San Diego
- For information on the Online Course version of this course, please click here for more information.
- For information on requesting this course for your organization through our Speakers Bureau program, please contact Michal Lesniak at email@example.com.
Staying current with your profession is not only tactically wise, it’s an ethical obligation we have as we touch the lives of others who are in extreme distress. ICISF has created a thoughtful and stimulating review and update of the field.
• Differentiate among types of critical incidents
• Determine the link between critical incidents and psychological crises
• Define and identify types of crisis interventions
• Study the effectiveness of crisis interventions
• Define CISM and the core factors of CISM
• Determine the key elements of developing a strategic plan for CISM
• Apply strategies to identify who needs assistance and the interventions necessary
• Study the effectiveness of CISM
• Discuss the importance of empathy in a crisis intervention
• Identify different empathy techniques
• Apply a technique to a crisis situation
• Identify the three groups of survivors in a crisis response
• Identify the categories of the crisis responses with delineations of distress versus dysfunction
• Examine chemical foundations and key features of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
• Examine the SEA-3 mental status assessment
• Identify Maslow’s hierarchy of needs and determine how crisis intervention fits into Maslow’s theory
• Discuss the stages of the SAFER-R Model for crisis intervention and intervention techniques
• Integrate the CCDR Model with the SAFER-R Model
• Determine how to respond to and support a person in crisis using the CCDR and SAFER-R Models
• Discuss the importance of informational interventions
• Compare and contrast two group informational intervention methods – RIT and CMB
• Identify purposes of interactive group crisis intervention
• Explain the purpose, use, and segments of defusing
• Explain critical incident stress debriefing (CISD) and its phases
• Review the most appropriate group formats for crisis intervention
• Define and identify symptoms of compassion fatigue and burnout
• Determine common causes of these conditions
• Study factors to foster resilience among interventionists
Completion of this course will allow you to renew your Certificate of Specialized Training program specialty.