ICISF Events & Partner Events
12th World Congress
The Call for Presentations for the 12th World Congress on Stress, Trauma & Coping is now CLOSED!
If you have submitted a proposal, or are interested in doing so for a future World Congress, you may wish to review a list of Frequently Asked Questions.
For future reference, you may wish to download the list of Rules, Deadlines & Instructions which includes information about presentation formats, presenter amenities and responsibilities. You may also wish to download a Checklist for Submitting Proposals.
The 12th World Congress on Stress, Trauma and Coping is the premier forum for multidisciplinary exchange of ideas and information among those who provide crisis and disaster mental health services.
Sessions during the 12th World Congress have been designed to
- provoke critical thinking
- challenge current convention
- offer innovative ideas and insights &
- fully explore the many applications of critical incident response in various industries, settings and situations .
World Congress participants will identify the tools needed to solve current problems and explore the future direction of the crisis intervention field. The 6 day World Congress will include a variety of presentation formats ideally suited to exploring concepts, practical applications and results in sessions designed for professionals in all practice settings and experience levels.
World Congress Major Content Themes
Over 125 presenters will cover the spectrum of crisis intervention in these and other areas:
- Research / Innovations
- Disaster Response
- Healthcare Settings
- Faith Based Applications
- Emergency Services, Public Safety
- Corporate / Industry / EAP
- Specialty Populations
- Team Development and Care
- Schools, Children
Who Should Attend
The ICISF 12th World Congress is a “must attend” experience for anyone working in the fields of crisis intervention, traumatic stress, emergency services & disaster mental health, including:
- Disaster response personnel
- Humanitarian aid workers
- Law-enforcement officers
- Social workers
- Faith-based providers
- EMTs / Paramedics
- Employee representative organizations & Unions
- Military personnel
- First response support agencies
- Homeland security personnel
- Media correspondents / journalists
- Emergency service administrators
- Grief counselors
- Emergency operations administrators & managers
- Employee assistance professionals
- Corrections officials
- Commercial & industrial organization employees
- Healthcare professionals & administrators
- Airline & other transportation industry personnel
- Educators, school employees
- Communication officers & dispatch personnel
- Crisis workers
- Security professionals
- Victim's advocates
- Risk managers
The Crisis Intervention field continues to grow, building on excellent proven programs and strategies while incorporating innovations that meet the needs and challenges of the diverse populations we serve. As crisis interventionists we must learn from one another to continually improve the services provided to the level of best practices.
At the 12th World Congress, you'll have an incomparable opportunity to interact with experts in the field and hundreds of your peers from around the U.S. and world who, like you, are committed to providing assistance to those affected by critical incident stress. Choose from over 70 presentations that will explore how the practice of crisis intervention is evolving and adapting to meet the needs and challenges of the future.
Sign up for World Congress email updates using the "E-News Sign Up" button at the top right corner of this page. Be sure to select "World Congress on Stress, Trauma & Coping Information" on the sign-up form.
Please address any questions to:
World Congress Program Manager